The voice of the Lord is louder than our enemies.
- Exodus 13:17 When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them by way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near.
- For God said, “Lest the people change their minds when they see war and return to Egypt.
- Exodus 13:18 But God led the people around by the way of the wilderness toward the Red Sea. And the people of Israel went up out of the land of Egypt equipped for battle.
God will use whatever it takes to get you the breakthrough.
- Numbers 21:4 From Mount Hor they set out by the way to the Red Sea, to go around the land of Edom. And the people became impatient on the way.
The wilderness was preparing them for the breakthrough.
- God will use whatever means possible to get you the breakthrough.
- Numbers 21:5-8 And the people spoke against God and against Moses, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and we loathe this worthless food.” Then the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people, so that many people of Israel died. And the people came to Moses and said, “We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord and against you. Pray to the Lord, that he take away the serpents from us.” So Moses prayed for the people. And the Lord said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent and set it on a pole, and everyone who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live.”
- Numbers 21:9 So Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on a pole. And if a serpent bit anyone, he would look at the bronze serpent and live.
- John 3:13-19 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light.
It’s not about what God did FOR Moses; it’s what God did THROUGH Moses
- John 3:19-21 People loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
Not everyone that begins the journey with you will finish with you.
- Exodus 13:21-22And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. The pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night did not depart from before the people.
- Exodus 20:18-20 Now when all the people saw the thunder and the flashes of lightning and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking, the people were afraid and trembled, and they stood far off and said to Moses, “You speak to us, and we will listen; but do not let God speak to us, lest we die.” Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin.”
- Psalm 66:5-20 Come and see what God has done: he is awesome in his deeds toward the children of man.He turned the sea into dry land; they passed through the river on foot. There did we rejoice in him, who rules by his might forever, whose eyes keep watch on the nations—let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Bless our God, O peoples; let the sound of his praise be heard,who has kept our soul among the living and has not let our feet slip.For you, O God, have tested us; you have tried us as silver is tried.You brought us into the net; you laid a crushing burden on our backs;you let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water;
yet you have brought us out to a place of abundance.I will come into your house with burnt offerings; I will perform my vows to you,that which my lips uttered and my mouth promised when I was in trouble.I will offer to you burnt offerings of fattened animals, with the smoke of the sacrifice of rams; I will make an offering of bulls and goats. Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for my soul.I cried to him with my mouth, and high praise was on[a] my tongue.[b]If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer.Blessed be God, because he has not rejected my prayer or removed his steadfast love from me!